Frederic Esmonin Les Genevrieres Bourgogne Rouge
Bourgogne Rouge, France
ABOUT THE WINE:
• GRAPE: 100% Pinot Noir
• Aromatics and flavors of violets, raspberries and strawberries, with blueberries in the background, with sweet spice, licorice and a hint of musky sweet earth. It finishes with a bit of grippy, youthful tannin. Young and vibrant: delicious!
• The tannin is easily softened by some time in a decanter, or glass pitcher.This is young, so buy a couple of bottles and drink them over time, if you are looking for something affordable to try this with. but still enjoyable now.
• Pairs with Grilled tenderloin and sirloin, Pork roasts, grilled salmon with a balsamic glaze, any mushroom additions; roasted, grilled or pan seared! Roated/grilled chicken, spicy(but not hot) curried dishes, charcuterie boards with bold cheeses.
ABOUT THE WINERY:
• Domaine Frederic Esmonin used to sell their grapes to Jadot and Drouhn until they started making their own wine in 1988
• ‘Les Genevrieres’ is a small plot located right in the Village of Gevrey Chambertin in the Cotes du Noits, Bourgogne(French word for Burgundy) France
• Sustainably farmed and low intervention in the winery.