IULI ‘Umberta’ (Barbera)
Umberta Vino Rosso
ABOUT THE WINE:
• GRAPE: 100% Barbera
• Black plums, black cherries, dusty earth a bit of spice and savoriness. It is generous on the palate,without being heavy; very fresh and silky with cherry cola and black damson plum on the finish.
• Unfined and unfiltered, low intervention fermentation and ageingwith natural occuring yeasts in cement tanks and no oak.
• Pairs with: Italian red sauces of all kinds, as well as meatballs, sausages, pizza and briny sauces with olives, pesto or parmesan and onion/garlic. Also great with pork chops, burgers, or vegan dishes with black beans, mushrooms and meat alternatives.
ABOUT THE WINERY
• Small family run winery in hills of Piedmont where Fabrizio inherited the vineyards from his grandfather. He is 3rd generation and there have never been synthetic chemicals used on this land
• Organically certified vineyards , but farm following Biodynamic principles. Very low sulfur at bottling only
• Champion for indigenous grapes of this region, with many amazing wines in low quantities.